KCB Group Limited
Hardware Systems Manager
The Position: Reporting to the Head, IT Enterprise Services, the role is responsible manage and lead the Hardware Systems Infrastructure team / unit handling all the Enterprise Server and storage infrastructure resources as well as the Enterprise Active Directory Infrastructure for the bank.
Responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of all server and storage infrastructure resources and environments within the Group Data Centres and branch network and to ensure high levels of service satisfaction are maintained
- Provide leadership and direction to the team of Hardware Systems Engineers maintaining KCB Enterprise Hardware Infrastructure Systems
- Review of ICT hardware technologies and implementation of strategy on ICT infrastructure for Server and Storage solutions to meet the Bank’s business needs (IT Hardware Infrastructure Strategy and Roadmap)
- Responsible for effectiveness and efficiency of a highly available server and storage infrastructure to ensure high levels of service satisfaction are maintained.
- Periodic review of the new technologies on IT hardware platforms in line with best industry approach to support business growth
- Conduct performance and capacity forecasting and develop budgets for hardware infrastructure needs to enable timely procurement of needed resources for business continuity.
- Conduct contingency planning for potential IT hardware unavailability and to implement business continuity management plans in relation to hardware systems.
- Develop and maintain department documentation and action plans including policies and procedures, disaster recovery plans, user guides and best practices that relate to hardware platforms in the bank
- Implement procedure and technical measures to enhance the security of the equipment’s.
- Define and implement procedures for maintenance of the ICT hardware equipment for Enterprise Data Centres and branches
- Establish and manage SLAs to ensure High availability of Mission Critical Servers ensuring resilience and continuity
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or ICT related field
- IT Professional Qualifications in one or more of the following : CCNA, CCNP, CISA, CRISC, VMware VCP, RHCSA
- A minimum of 6 years’ working experience in a large and busy IT environment, including experience in the following specific areas:
- At least 4 years’ experience in Networks and Hardware Systems i.e. : Administration of Linux/UNIX platforms, Window Operating Systems, Enterprise SAN Storage Systems, Virtual Environments
- At least 4 years working with Oracle Databases
The above position is a demanding role which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 18th November, 2016 Only short listed candidates will be contacted. NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a Certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.