Senior Project Manager Job At KCB In Kenya
Reporting to the Head, Construction & Project Management, Senior Project Manager will be responsible for providing independent, professional and commercial/technical advice on management of KCB owned or Financed projects, Risk assessment and ensuring aims of the projects are met to completion in order to maximize the Bank’s revenue.
Senior Project Manager Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Lead, coach and manage performance of project team to achieve project goals
- Oversee technical analysis of construction projects application by reviewing; – architectural drawings, structural drawings, bills of quantities, feasibility study, specifications, approvals, contract documents, and project financing plan to establish technical viability, adequacy of funds, ensure compliance to Bank, relevant statutory and legislative requirements.
- Oversee regular monitoring and tracking of project construction to ensure compliance with master schedule, budget and contract documents in accordance with duties outlined therein.
- Provide periodical forecasts on project disbursements, project costs and time schedule in relation to project completion
- Approve project consultants’ interim valuations and payment certificates.
- Proactively manage project risks through timely design of mitigating strategies and appropriate control measures
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule projects
- Analyze progress of projects, value of completed work and provide periodical detailed progress/status report.
- Oversee project reviews of financial appraisals/reconciliations of work done, outstanding works with a view to establish adequacy of undisbursed loan funds.
- Liaising with the various institutions within the construction industry with a view to build and update changes in statutory requirements, advise impact on business and qualification of professionals/contractors.
Qualifications For Senior Project Manager Jobs In Kenya
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Building Economics, Construction Management or related field from a recognized university
- Professional Qualifications, license and registration with relevant statutory bodies.
- Master’s Degree in Construction Management is preferable.
- 8 years’ experience in project management, including management and prioritizing of multiple tasks
- Program management of affordable housing development, financing, feasibility analysis, real estate development.
- Knowledge of business practices and finance methods, procedures, practices of housing development.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze situations accurately and effective course of action.
- A thorough knowledge of Mortgage Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relations
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- Excellent planning, organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please apply noting to quote the job reference number on the e-mail subject field and forward via mail to [email protected] To be considered your application must be received by Sept. 25, 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.