Job Title:Insurance Claims Analyst
Reporting to the Underwriting and Claims Manager, the role holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the claims with respect to the portfolios or/and branches allocated to them and will report to the Assistant Claims Manager.
- Management of day to day Claims Operations for allocated portfolio
- Working with Underwriters, clients, branch Insurance teams and other Third party providers to ensure strict adherence to set guidelines.
- Ensure all claims are processed and settled within the turnaround times stipulated in the Service Level Agreement for each underwriter
- Ensure timely submission of claim documents and other requisite documents to insurers
- Ensuring premium is collected as per the laid down procedures on all claims being processed by Underwriters.
- Provide technical guidance and claims management support including regular updates to Branch Insurance Teams and clients
- Continuously offer information and recommendations to the Claims and Underwriting Manager on process flaws that need to be reviewed to improve efficiency
- Keep management updated on relevant issues arising in claims management that could impact the business and escalate difficult claims within expected timelines.
Candidate’s Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- A Business related university degree from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years’ experience in the management of motor and non-motor claims in the insurance industry preferably within an insurance intermediary or Bancassurance
- AIIK Diploma or ACII Professional Qualification will be an added advantage.
Desired Skills and Ability:
- Mature team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organization skills with the ability to deliver effectively under strict deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office and insurance related systems
- Excellent Communication and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A calm and assertive manner when dealing with complaints / difficult claims
- Strong influencing skills, with an ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners
- High levels of integrity and ability to handle client information with utmost confidentiality
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 26th May, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable