Reporting to the Execution Manager, the position will be responsible for the preparation of financial reports, performance metrics and dashboards for the Corporate Banking Division.
- To monitor Strategic financial plans including the budgets and forecasts, and provide insights on variances/areas concern.
- In conjunction with the Execution Manager, analyse and communicate the financial performance metrics of Division/Sectors/Product Houses/Individuals to all the relevant stakeholders within the Division.
- Prepare and cascade the KPI frameworks/dashboards to track the Sector, Product, Individual and Division wide performance.
- Ensure appropriate planning and tracking of timelines, budgets, resources, risks, and recommending alternative strategies to the teams within the functions thresholds.
- Partner with the Finance team particularly on month end activities ensuring accuracy and completeness of the Division’s financial performance results.
- Conduct research to provide insight’s that support Strategic decision making, which will include analytics initiatives such financial modelling, competitive analysis, sector, channels and product performance measurements.
- Analysing and synthesizing financial and operating information about, Industries, Companies & Sectors in order to gain insights with the aim of identifying appropriate marketing opportunities.
- Undertake detailed economic, sectorial and industry research & analysis in support of Corporate Banking propositions.
- Maintain a detailed and current understanding of the industry (at a macro, sector specific, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- To build and maintain productive relations with Sector Heads/ Relationship teams/ Product houses / Finance/ stakeholders to drive delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the specific sectors or portfolio.
- Ensure timely preparation of relevant reports, financial and performance metrics’ and cascade to the team in a timely manner or as per SLA.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant have the following minimum requirements:
- University Degree preferably in Business related field. A Post graduate degree and/or relevant Banking qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Financial Services Industry is desired, with thorough knowledge of the Corporate Banking products & services.
- 2 years’ experience in an analyst role covering research in the financial services industry.
- High proficiency in financial statement analysis and financial modeling.
- Good understanding of various Sectors, products & services within Corporate Banking, including the market trends & challenges.
- An appreciation of Risk Management and knowledge of Internal Controls.
- Strong research and analysis skills with ability to synthesize, interpret and present data.
- Team player with demonstrated work ethics; consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
- Effective prioritization skills to meet a complex set of business demands and demonstrate delivery against multiple objectives.
- Assertive, self-motivated with desire to succeed in a fast-paced, financial services environment.
- An outstanding ability to communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written).
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to [email protected].
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 7th August, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable