Compliance Manager Job At KCB In Kenya
Reporting to the Head, Compliance & Ethics, the position will be responsible to ensure central compliance oversight and surveillance on AML/KYC issues in KCB Kenya and support Group Liaison, and will act as the AML liaison contact in Head Office, maintaining continuous dialogue and information to business units on AML/KYC policies and practices.
Compliance Manager Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Act as anti-money laundering liaison contact in Head Office, maintaining continuous dialogue and information to business units on key issues defined in the AML/KYC policies.
- Maintain monitoring of sales and new business activities to identify advise on, and resolve any high risk activity.
- Act as the AML System Business System Administrator, ensuring effective alert management, review and reporting.
- Track and alert on the status and performance of AML/KYC compliance responsibilities across Bank Units.
- Support the direction, development, maintenance and distribution of AML/KYC awareness and system training & other compliance policy training across the network units.
- Carryout initial review of AML alerts and maintain follow-up for conclusion on AML case management, including providing AML system support to users.
- Maintain AML/KYC compliance risk data collection, analysis and preparing reports with recommendations to mitigate exposures.
- Maintain continuous engagement with business units and to review and advise on New Products, and Projects, for conformance with AML/KYC and sanctions programs.
- Through liaison with business unit maintaining and advising status on Reputational risk issues to relevant committee.
- Monitor and report on the daily management of compliance issues at respective units including significant internal policies as may be advised.
- Prepare internal & external compliance reports for the central compliance office with regard to external and regulatory compliance issues on AML/KYC.
- Provide compliance risk liaison at peer levels across specialist and risk functions. (Legal, Audit, Risk, HR, Finance, including Forensic investigations and Insurance)
Qualifications For Compliance Manager Jobs In Kenya
- For the above position, the successful applicants should have:
- A first degree from a recognized university. An MBA degree will be an added advantage.
- A relevant Anti-Money Laundering Qualification (ACAMS)
- At least one risk-relevant professional qualification, IRM, PRMIA, GARP, RCP II, etc.
- At least 1 year experience in working with the Oracle FCCM AML System (formerly Mantas)
- 5 years of wide ranging bank experience – 3 years management experience, in either operations, or compliance/audit related activities, with demonstrated understanding of the regulatory environment including CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Good knowledge of money laundering issues and KYC requirements.
- A good know-how of bank-wide business functions, administration and supervisory skills.
- Good management skills including organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high integrity.
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to [email protected] To be considered your application must be received by Sept. 25, 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.