Data Base Admin Job At KCB In Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data Base Administration the role holder will be required to ensure the health and optimization of all oracle data based applications.
Data Base Admin Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms for the Core Banking and other systems.
- Review and design database structures to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling.
- Install, configure and maintain database instances, creates various database objects, create users with appropriate roles and levels of security.
- Implement database security policies that are consistent with laid security guidelines.
- Implement and perform database backup and recovery strategies that meet recovery and availability requirements.
- Implement best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures.
- Manage and support Enterprise Data warehouse including the development of reports from the data warehouse platform.
Qualifications For Data Base Admin Jobs In Kenya
For the above position, the successful applicants should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related field from a recognized university is required. An MBA will be an added advantage
- Must possess Oracle OCP certification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Oracle RAC and Oracle Data Guard
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Unix
- A team player with Effective leadership skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ hands on experience in Oracle administration
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands on experience in
- Data warehousing, data mining and business intelligence
- Unix platforms HP /Solaris /IBM AIX
- Knowledge of administration in the following areas will be an added advantage
- T24 core banking systems
- Web sphere and MQ series
- Self-driven with highly innovative skills
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered your application must be received by Sept. 25, 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.