Project Manager Job At KCB In Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for providing independent, professional and commercial/technical advice on management of KCB owned or Financed projects, Risk assessment and ensuring aims of the projects are met to completion in order to maximize the Bank’s revenue.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Conduct technical analysis of construction projects application by reviewing; – architectural drawings, structural drawings, bills of quantities, feasibility study, specifications, approvals, contract documents, and project financing plan to establish commercial/technical viability, adequacy of funds, ensure compliance to Bank set rules, relevant statutory and legislative requirements and communicating the findings to the Head of Construction & Project Management and Senior Project Manager.
- Reviewing the profiles of the project implementation team that include the qualifications of the technical team, registration with the relevant bodies, professional indemnity covers and giving advice on the capability of the appointed team in undertaking earmarked developments.
- Conduct site inspections and spot checks of work in progress for each job site on regular basis as required to ensure compliance to specifications, quality assurance and to keep track of the construction project.
- Review and verify project consultants’ interim valuations and payment certificates ensuring drawdowns are done as per progression of works.
- Ensuring project approvals are valid throughout project implementation period
- In liaison with the project implementation teams formulate solutions to issues that arise in execution of projects, design draw down schedules tailored to project implementation
- Ensuring project terms and conditions are adhered to during project implementation cycle.
- Review project financial appraisals/reconciliations of work done, outstanding works with a view to establish adequacy of undisbursed loan funds
- Monitoring operational performance of projects for early identification of potential problems as well as advising on timely remedial actions.
- Generating various management reports on performance of projects portfolio.
Qualifications For Project Manager Jobs In Kenya
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Building Economics, Construction Management or related field from a recognized university
- Professional Qualifications, license and registration with relevant statutory bodies.
- 6 years’ experience in project management, including management and prioritizing of multiple tasks
- Program management of affordable housing development, financing, feasibility analysis, real estate development.
- Knowledge of business practices and finance methods, procedures, practices of housing development.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze situations accurately and effective course of action.
- A thorough knowledge of Mortgage Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relations
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- Excellent planning, organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please apply noting to quote the job reference number on the e-mail subject field and forward via mail to email@example.com To be considered your application must be received by Sept. 25, 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.