Oracle Database Administrator
Job Ref: IT 12/2015
The Position: Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data Base Administration the role holder will be required to ensure the health and optimization of all oracle data based applications.
- Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms for the Core Banking and other systems.
- Review and design database structures to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling.
- Install, configure and maintain database instances, creates various database objects, create users with appropriate roles and levels of security.
- Implement database security policies that are consistent with laid security guidelines.
- Implement and perform database backup and recovery strategies that meet recovery and availability requirements.
- Implement best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures.
- Manage and support Enterprise Data warehouse including the development of reports from the data warehouse platform.
Qualifications and Requirements
For the above position, the successful applicants should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related field from a recognized university is required. An MBA will be an added advantage
- Must possess Oracle OCP certification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Oracle RAC and Oracle Data Guard
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Unix
- A team player with Effective leadership skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ hands on experience in Oracle administration
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands on experience in
- Data warehousing, data mining and business intelligence
- Unix platforms HP /Solaris /IBM AIX
- Knowledge of administration in the following areas will be an added advantage
- T24 core banking systems
- Web sphere and MQ series
- Self-driven with highly innovative skills
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to [email protected] To be considered your application must be received by Sept. 25, 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.