Driver Careers At KCCB In Kenya
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which KCCB undertakes all those responsibilities which express the KCCB mission in Kenya. KCCB is the prime recipient of the grant entitled Kenya AIDS Response Program (KARP) awarded by Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in March 2011 under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) concentrates on HIV prevention, care and treatment Western Kenya Region. KCCB-KARP is seeking candidates for the following position to be based in Kisumu.
DRIVER (2 positions) – on a Temporary basis – 5 months
- Facilitating and providing effective transport movement of program staff to and from meetings, Local Partner Treatment Facilities (LPTFs), and to run office/program errands when required including:
Driver Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle, accurate maintenance of daily, Vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, Car washing, etc. so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Keeps track of insurance and other formalities
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Assists office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining when required. Assists in the mailing and distribution of telephone and other bills, as required
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications For Driver Jobs In Kenya
- Form four level of education
- Valid Driving License, Certificate in Mechanic, First AID Training, Defensive driving certification, Certificate of good conduct, computer literate and 5 years relevant working experience
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communications
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to; GENERAL SECRETARY KENYA EPISCOPAL CONFERENCE-CATHOLIC SECRETARIAT P.O BOX 13475-00800 NAIROBI. [email protected] To reach him on or before 20th April 2016 Only shortlisted candidates wil be contacted