The KCCB- Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya. It is seeking fill the following position.
2. ACCOUNTANT ASSISTANT
- To ensure all functions and programs under charge are performed within established budgetary parameters, to include performing cost control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and ensuring sound fiscal control;
- To prepare fiscal documentation regarding accounting activities, e.g., weekly, monthly and annual reports,
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts for all funds,
- To plan, manage, coordinate, and implement the year end closing processes and procedures for the assigned accounting records; conducts year-end closing process; provides information to financial auditors; conducts standard internal audits of various accounting records;
- To ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work,
- To evaluate receipts, expenditure forms, purchase orders, distributions, and disbursement orders for the purpose of ensuring compliance with policies,
- To perform verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices/ receipts/ balances according to department checks and balances procedures,
- Ensure proper set up and running of accounting systems,
- Compilation and combination of financial reports,
- Preparation of the audit files,
- Degree in relevant area
- Has a minimum of CPA K professional qualification;
- Excellent MS Excel and Ms Word
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
5. PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Extent of carrying out duties and responsibility IN #3 above.
6. PERSONAL TRAITS
Must have a very clear idea of the Catholic Social Teachings.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:-
KENYA CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC Bishops -CATHOLIC SECRETARIAT
P.O BOX 13475-00800
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US ON or BEFORE 24th January 2017
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED