KCDF employs individuals with a wide variety of technical, managerial and operational skills to achieve our mission objectives. We are always looking for talented people. If you are interested in working with us in addressing sustainability, then KCDF is a great place to put your skills, education, and expertise to use.
We’re passionate about our cause and committed to our mission: to promote sustainable development of communities for social justice, through institution building, partnerships, resource mobilization and policy influencing.
- PROGRAMME OFFICER– E-LEARNING, COACHING & MENTORSHIP
- PROGRAMME OFFICER – EDUCATION, YOUTH AND CHILDREN PROGRAMMES
Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF) is seeking to recruit an experienced individual to position of Programme Officer – E-learning, Coaching & Mentorship. The right candidate for this position must be a highly motivated individual who is self-driven, and with the desire to fit within a team working environment. This is a mid-level position (Programme Officer) reporting to the Team Leader – Livelihoods, Environment and Climate Change Adaptation (LECC). This position is expected to link and collaborate with the Programme Development and Management Department in liaison with the Communications Department to provide coaching and mentorship services to KCDF partners in the
areas of resource mobilization, institutional strengthening and promotion of civic engagement.
This position requires excellent planning and high personal organization skills.
Key Roles and Responsibilities;
- Support in the development and execution of clear and concise training modules delivered through blended learning with KCDF partners in the areas of resource mobilisation (local fundraising) and claim making (grassroots advocacy).
- Creatively develop and apply coaching skills, tools and techniques which may include one-to-one training, facilitating & networking – in the areas of local resource mobilization, claim making (grassroots advocacy), communication, and building coalitions and networks.
- Support in the management of online training systems – training preparations and delivery of mentorship/accompaniment services to partners in the areas mentioned above.
- Provide and support partners with skills in coaching and mentoring in line with their organizational change initiatives in the areas of local resource mobilization, grassroots advocacy and in entrepreneurship to achieve their desired goals. Business Development Services skills will be an added advantage to the position.
- Liaise with the respective Team Leaders in ensuring partners identified capacity development needs are addressed.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with participating individuals/organizations signing up to blended learning courses complete and adopt learning objectives in their respective organisations.
- Represent KCDF and the programme in meetings as delegated by the Team Leader as well as compile regular and ad-hoc reports as may be required.
The minimum required academic and professional skills for the jobholder to perform successfully in their job include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Social sciences or related field. Masters’ degree or equivalent would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience in the areas of local resource mobilization, advocacy/mobilizing support, and/or building coalitions and networks. Expertise in business development support (BDS)/entrepreneurship will be an added advantage.
- Proficient on online training approaches and internet based learning.
- Experience in capacity development approaches, including coaching, mentorship, and apprenticeship of organizations and or individuals
- Strong analytical and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Strong team programme development and management skills.
- Willingness to travel, work extended periods in the field and interact effectively with partners and willingness to learn new approaches.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment and with partners at all levels.
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to [email protected] , addressed to the Executive Director and quoting the position KCDF PROGRAMME OFFICER NO. 1. Attach current résumé and day time contacts of three referees to be received not later 24th February, 2017.
KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.