Basic Salary: Ksh.10,380 – 11,370 p.m. (Job, Group “D”)
House allowance: Paid according to the station of deployment
Commuter allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave allowance: (once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical brake systems and tyre pressure;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road, passengers and goods
Requirements for the Driver Job
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s)
- Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III conducted by the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure
- Occupational Trade Test III for drivers conducted by the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with certified copies of the required certificates.
The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke Completed application forms should reach the
Cabinet Secretary’s office
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI or
hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road,