Secretarial Assistant Job at Kenya Forestry Research Institute
JOB GRADE KEFRI 6 – 2 POSTS
Duties for the Secretarial Assistant Job
- Operate office equipment to necessitate work performance.
- Security of office records, documents and equipment to avoid misuse and mishandling.
- Photocopying and scanning of documents to enable use by relevant officers, electronic transmission and storage.
- Handle telephone calls and appointments to enhance relaying of information to clients.
- Maintain office cleanliness to ensure that there is a conducive working environment.
- Attend to visitors/clients for efficient service delivery and feedback.
- Drafting of routine correspondence to ensure that feedback is relayed to clients/customers.
- Booking of appointments and updating of the boss’ diary for proper planning and execution of activities.
- Taking minutes during meetings, processing them for circulation and future reference.
Secretarial Assistant Job Requirements
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Minimum mean grade C- (C Minus) with a minimum C plain in English language or its equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in secretarial work.
- Have passed the following qualifications from Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC):
- Typewriting II (40 p.m.) / Computerized Document Processing II
- Business English I/Communications I
- Commerce I;
- Office Practice I;
- Demonstrated merit and shown ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution;
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card.
They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the undersigned not later than 5.00 PM on 26th June, 2017.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to:-
Kenya Forestry Research Institute
P.O. BOX 20412-00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Gender Equality.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.