Administrative Assistant Job at KEMRI
A KEMRI –CCR Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Administrative Assistant Position -To be based in Nairobi
To provide personal assistance to the Principal Investigator by overseeing and coordinating administrative and office activities in the East Africa Office.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day activities of the office; act as liaison between the Principal Investigator’s office and Internal and external parties.
- Maintaining, managing and updating the Principal Investigator’s diary.
- Manage all communications in and out of the Principal Investigator’s office, prioritize and follow-up on all issues appropriately.
- Providing efficient, timely and professional administrative and secretarial support to the Principal Investigator including drafting letters, handling walk-ins and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence.
- Preparing reports and presentations in consultation with the Principal Investigator.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinating and attending committee meetings on behalf of the Principal Investigator.
- Arranging mission travel schedules and prompt reservations for the Principal Investigator
- Reviewing outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures.
- Providing editorial support to authors and other stake holders such as printers for journal publications.
- Manages inventory supplies for the East Africa Office.
- Collating and submit expense claims for the Principal Investigator to the Head of finance department.
- Maintaining correspondence with national and international research collaborators as directed by the Principal
- Investigator and arranging travel and reservations for visiting international collaborators.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Accounting or any related field
- At least two (2) years of experience.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- strong personal communication
- Mature and self-motivated
- High Integrity and confidentiality
- Experience of accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Excellent communications skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer through e-mail: [email protected] not later than 20th April 2017.