Reference Number: 06062017-CO
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:The post will entail providing efficient and effective clinical care to clinical trial participants. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team ensuring high quality clinical care provision and clinical research. The trial will be conducted in Kilifi County.
Site Principal Investigator
Head of Clinical Trials
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Study equipment in the clinic
- Play a leading role in the consenting, screening and enrolment of eligible participants into the trial.
- Provide clinical care to research subjects as required, maintain study documentation and ensure adherence to the study protocol.
- Ensure all study procedures are followed and all the relevant forms completed at the end of each visit for each participant.
- Conduct clinical reviews for all study participant during follow up visits and ensure collection of samples and safe vaccination.
- Complete adverse event forms promptly following any adverse events
- Regularly update the vaccine trial management team on status of the study
- Attend and participate in the vaccine trial meetings and other meetings as needed
- Attend clinical skills training and updates when required to.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- At least 3 years clinical experience with Basic life support certification or experience
- Knowledge / experience in organisation of clinical trials is an added advantage
- GCP certification
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Confidentiality and strong ethics
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance
Exposure to patients and materials considered infectious and/or bio hazardous