The post reports to the Project Manager.
The position holder will spend 50% of their time at one of the six health facilities, and 50% at the KEMRI-clinic in Mtwapa providing prevention and care services to study participants.
- To provide high quality clinical care for adult study participants.
- To conduct data collection, including observation of standard of care, and provision of the screening intervention.
- To perform clinical audits, including time motion surveys.
- To ensure that field staff observe to standard operating procedures.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- At least 3 years documented experience in research.
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Experienced in clinic or field based studies, data collection, and Good Clinical Practice
- Trained and experienced in ART care
- Able to work independently, to prioritise work, and to give attention to detail
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Confidentiality and strong ethics
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity