Data Internship at KEMRI
A KEMRI –CCR Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika is currently conducting clinical trials and is
looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions: Data Intern programme (One position) -To be based in Thika
The purpose of the internship is to assist in data management including data collection, mining, filing,
archiving, QA/QC, database updates and generating reports
Responsibilities for the Data Internship
- Data collection, compilation , cleaning , investigational analysis and processing for entry into databases
- Designing, improving and updating live databases for long term data storage and back-ups
- Assisting in data analysis
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
- Trouble shoots all technology issues including hardware, software and network operating system
- Preparing daily and weekly reports
- Scanning and filing of records, archive systems in accordance to department procedures
- Monitor security of all technology
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications for the Data Internship
- Education and Professional training
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and computer science or a related field from a recognized university
- Training on data analysis (STATA and or R)
- Very Good IT skills including hardware, software and networks
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in data entry/data management an added advantage
- Skills in database development
Terms of Engagement
Appointment in the Internship program will be for 6 months. This may be extended for another 6 months
depending on performance.
- A stipend will be provided.
- Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover
- The project MAY NOT offer employment after the completion of internship.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the
recruitment officer through e-mail: [email protected] not later than 20th July 2017. A stipend will