Reference Number: HRMCL2
Category: Human Resources
JOB PURPOSE: HR Business Partner to assigned departments (Epidemiology, Biosciences, Lab Services). Works closely with heads of these departments and ensures all HR needs are met in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Will attend departmental meetings to advise and follow up on HR matters.
Head of Human Resources
DIRECT REPORTS :
HR Officers (2)
Assistant HRO (1)
In addition to HRBP role, HRM C2 will be assigned to champion Reward Management – compensation & benefits, staff welfare, employee/industrial relations – across the organization providing leadership on this specialist functions to other members of the HR team while working closely with the Head of HR for guidance and support.
- Implement the human resources strategy within assigned departments taking into consideration strategic goals and objectives.
- Deliver all aspects of HR services within agreed SLAs rand regularly provide reports and matrices on assigned department’s performance.
- Provide input to HR policy formulation, implement and interpret HR policy and procedures and ensure effective and proactive communication across assigned departments on policies, procedures and services
- Provide overall expertise in performance management & learning & development and be the reference point to the HR team but working closely with the Head of HR
- Own and drive recruitment, on boarding, talent management and motivation needs of assigned departments ensuring each process meets organization goals.
- Manage succession, staff development and workforce planning as essential activities within the assigned departments.
- Ensure departmental data in the HRIS relating to records management, leave, payroll, medical and other HR duties are coordinated and executed within expected standards
- Ensure effective implementation of performance management processes and systems for the Programme and link these to the Programme’s Learning and Development strategy.
- Manage all staff welfare and industrial relations matters within assigned departments and ensure timely and adequate resolution of any issues so as to promote a harmonious working environment.
- Lead and supervise HR staff supporting assigned departments, ensuring they have clear objectives and resources need to perform their tasks.
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Professional HR qualification and membership to a HR body e.g. IHRM, CIPD etc. or equivalent
- At least 8-10 year’s hands on human resources management experience with at least 3 in senior management level
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams across various sites
- Knowledge of Kenya laws and practices
- Knowledge of employee relations policies, procedures and experience in their implementation.
- In depth understanding of scientific staff competence requirements, ability to handle fiscal databases and completely integrate budget and planning documents for HR management.
- Experience in implementing Human Resources Information Systems.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Ability to analyse problems and devise pragmatic and sustainable solutions.
- Ability to maintain a strategic view but can also conduct detailed analysis as appropriate.
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach to problem resolution as required.
- Ability to build productive and collaborative relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent planning and follow through ability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills