Vacancy No: CGHR/06/01/17
Reports to: Malaria Branch Chief
This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK whose remit is to conduct research in Malaria. The program wishes to recruit for the following positions:-
Senior Admin Officer Job Responsibilities
- Budgeting, tracking expenditure and preparation of timely reports for submission to PIs, partners and donors
- Liaising with relevant departments for timely procurement and delivery of project supplies
- Liaising with HR on hiring and orientation of project staff
- Coordinating branch administrative functions
- Coordinating branch meetings and taking minutes
- Facilitate processing of travel requisitions
- Coordinating visitors to the branch and liaising with relevant departments for clearance, work permits, hotel reservations, ground transportation and office space
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications for the Senior Admin Officer Job
- Bachelors and Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Business, Finance, Accounting or closely related areas.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: A one year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
How to Apply
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates, Diplomas or Transcripts
- Contact telephone number.
Applications are due not later than February 6, 2017. Apply to Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578, Kisumu.