Assistant Data Manager Jobs at KEMRI
Reports to: Data Manager –PTBI-K
Location: Migori County
Duration: 1 year renewable
Qualifications for the Assistant Data Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied statistics or Biostatistics
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office especially Access, Excel and Word.
- At least 3 years experience in research with evidence of data handling.
- Some level of leadership skills is an added advantage
- Knowledge of health systems, preferably knowledge of Maternal and Child Health (MCH) and training in Good Clinical Research Practices are added advantage.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health national data collection and reporting tools is a plus.
- Ability to design and create databases.
Assistant Data Manager Job Responsibilities
- Routine data collection from various health facilities in Migori County. That is, visit each facility monthly to collect data in collaboration with facility staff for routine program data monitoring.
- Conduct data entry of the participant’s data from the health facilities.
- Perform data quality checks on the source documents in the health facilities.
- Conduct data management activities in response to data queries as needed.
- Preparation of regular data reports.
- Support the data managers in all their duties.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team or independently, depending on the assigned task or situation are desired
- Keenness and ability to work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision and be able to develop on the job
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Flexibility, ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment are desirable.
How to Apply
All applicants must fill an online application form in the link below:
In addition, scan and send the following documents to the email address below:
Application letter indicating the position applied for.
A current CV including names and contacts of two referees.
Copies of academic certificates
School leaving certificate
To the Program Director and Principal Investigator, PTBi –Kenya,
Email: [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11th June 2017,
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, persons with disability, women, youth and those marginalized. KEMRI does not charge any fee for processing applications, or interviews.
Canvasing For Positions Is Prohibited.
Note That Only Those Who Are Shortlisted Will Be Contacted.