Reference Number: EAA1019
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:The position’s key role is to provide effective and efficient administrative and management support to the Principal Investigator (PI). The position is also vital for effective liaisons between the PI’s office with the rest of the internal functions and externally, with the Programme’s partners and stakeholders.
The post holder will report to the Principal Investigator
Stationery Items, Printers, Telephones etc.
• Arrange all travel for the PI from organizing the travel authorization, hotel bookings, flight arrangements, ground transportation and visa requirements, arranging funding for travel and reconciliation of post-travel expenses.
• Arrange travel, accommodation and agendas for visiting scientists to PI/Nairobi programme.
• Search across a wide-selection of e-library sources for reference materials necessary for PI to review and complete work – both weekly and periodically.
• Run pub med searches for specific research topics, download review lists and locate materials.
• Routinely make PDF copies of materials from historical library services and other national malaria control documents.
• Maintain scheduling of meetings, appointments, teleconferences and skype calls; screen requests for meetings.
• Liaise with IT department to ensure all mobile IT equipment is functioning and updated with relevant software.
• Maintain all procurement needs for PI and related projects.
• Maintains inventory of all equipment and assets of PI grants.
• Arranges all electronic and hard copy filing systems; including PDF reference material libraries.
• Review budgets with finance and ensure correct allocations of project Expenditures.
• Organize review dates and formal review documentations for PhD students in Kenya, Brussels and South Africa.
• Ensures all KEMRI SCC, ERC and publications committee documentation prepared, forwarded and followed up.
• Maintains UKPUBMED Central open access submission, tracking and communication of ID numbers.
• Maintain Oxford’s SCOPUS publications approvals system.
• Maintain PIS’ Wellcome Trust, NDM, KMOP and INFORM web-page details/content.
• Edit and reference documents, reports and papers using word functions as and when required.
• Prepare and re-organize power-point presentations as required by PI.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• A Degree in Business Administration, Business/Office Management, Secretarial Studies or equivalent.
• KCSE (Grade C+ plain and above).
• Over eight (8) years’ experience in a busy office setup.
• Experience in arranging international travel, visas and flight bookings.
• Considerable knowledge of office procedures and secretarial practices including organization, planning, records management and general administrative skills.
• Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications – Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Speaks and writes in French.
• Adobe Acrobat and archiving skills.
• Ability to work independently and arrange own working schedules.
• Capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
• Strong report writing, proofreading and editing skills.
• High level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Tact, poise and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
• Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity.
Click here to apply