Reference Number: STOSUPERV2909
Category: Supplies and Logistics
JOB PURPOSE:To deputize the Stores Manager in ensuring the smooth operations of the warehouse to deliver quality and efficient services to its customers in line with the programme policies.
REPORTS TO: Stores Manager
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES:Stores Assistants & Clerks
To assist in managing the Stores Section and enable the efficient running of the Stores Department, in support of the Programme
• Assist the Stores Manager in overseeing the operation of the store to deliver efficient and VFM services
• Directly supervise staff in ensuring that materials are received right into the warehouse as per LPOs and ensure real time data entry.
• Ensure the proper arrangements of the materials in the warehouse in line with their recommended storage conditions and ensure the warehouse is at all-time neat and tidy.
• Ensure outbound returns are well documented and executed in accordance with the programme policies
• Oversee the transfers of materials to sub stores and issues of materials to users in the right way and in time to enhance transparency and accountability of materials.
• Ensuring that items are picked from the stores, packed and delivered to the programme users as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
• Ensuring that all processes are followed to the later and that all forms and documents such as requisitions, delivery notes etc. are signed off and filed according to the designated system in place
• Assist in the generation of expiration reports of materials in the main stores well in town to allow for corrective actions or disposal of items as per the programme guidelines.
• Assist in the monitoring of materials in the warehouse to ensure the adherence of EOQs.
• Assist the Store Manager in the implementation of policies and regulations as stipulated in the Sops.
• Report any issues regarding loss of stock or stock variances to the Stores Manager or Head of Finance to be addressed.
• Assist in the general communications of the warehouse operations and address issues as and when may be required
• Relieve the Store Manager in his absence.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
• Diploma in Supplies Management or its equivalent
• Inventory accounting awareness
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal act 2005 and the Regulations 2006
• Over 2 years’ practice experience in Stores management.
• Previous in-depth knowledge and experience of using computerised accounting or inventory system
• Membership to a supplies professional body
• Good analytical and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Honest, diligent and trustworthy
• Ability to take and follow instructions and to work within laid down procedures and guidelines
• Team player with the ability to work independently & under pressure to meet deadlines
Click here to apply