The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies at multiple sites in Kenya.
The KEMRI/UW/MOH/CDC Family Planning Study Project seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
The Study Nurse shall report to the Study / Regional Coordinator.
S/he shall be expected to work under minimum supervision and provide guidance to investigators on study implementation.
- Act as the point person in the field.
- Coordinate entry into the facility and logistics surrounding data collections and survey administration.
- Data collection from source documents and administration of study questionnaires and in-depth interviews according to the SOP.
- Ensure all data is of good quality and perform quality checks before submission.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities.
- Maintain proper communication between health facility and Study Coordinator’s office.
- Maintain adequate supplies at the study sites for example study forms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies with the support of the study assistant and data clerk.
- Submit daily summary of study progress to the Study Coordinator/data manager and suggestions on any improvements to the study procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure strict compliance with ethical requirements for conduct of research.
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Regional/Study Coordinator.
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing (KRCN/KRN); registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Previous research experience
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Strong organizational skills and financial accountability.
- Commitment to integrity and high quality performance.
- Strong professional references from previous supervisors.
Terms of Employment: Three months non-renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
How to Apply