Reference Number: HRA-ISRM
Category: Human Resources
JOB PURPOSE: Assists in maintaining the human resource database and all employee records and files; ensuring all records are updated, kept confidential and secure at all times. Handles routine administrative tasks for the department such as assisting in contract management, new employee induction exercise, leave administration and general office support functions as necessary.
Human Resources Officer -Information Systems
- Ensures that system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked
- Keeps employee records up-to-date through processing of employee status changes in a timely manner
- Tracks and resolves observed data discrepancies in the human resource database
- Checks system operations as scheduled and reports any malfunctions promptly
- Reviews and verify employment records of new and current employees to ensure accurate determination and documentation of contract period
- Assist in ensuring that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and the programme’s policies and procedures
- Assists in tracking, calculating and updating personnel leave
- Assists in inducting new employee. Supports HR officer on this as needed
- Responds to inquiries from managers, employees, and the public on a variety of Human Resources questions, referring more complex questions to the appropriate officers
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Have at least 2 years’ work experience in database management and general HR administrative tasks including personnel filing, personnel records management, leave etc.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to plan own work with the capacity to work independently
- Proactive with a hands on approach
- Confidentiality and high integrity
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment