Administrative Assistant Job at KEMRI
A KEMRI –CCR Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika is currently conducting clinical trials
and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Position To be based in Nairobi
To provide personal assistance to the Principal Investigator by overseeing and coordinating administrative and office activities in the East Africa Office.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day activities of the office; act as liaison between the Principal Investigator’s office and Internal and external parties.
- Maintaining, managing and updating the Principal Investigator’s diary.
- Manage all communications in and out of the Principal Investigator’s office, prioritize and follow-up on all issues appropriately.
- Providing efficient, timely and professional administrative and secretarial support to the Principal Investigator including drafting letters, handling walk-ins and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence.
- Preparing reports and presentations in consultation with the Principal Investigator.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinating and attending committee meetings on behalf of the Principal Investigator.
- Arranging mission travel schedules and prompt reservations for the Principal Investigator
- Reviewing outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures.
- Providing editorial support to authors and other stake holders such as printers for journal publications.
- Manages inventory supplies for the East Africa Office.
- Collating and submit expense claims for the Principal Investigator to the Head of finance department.
- Maintaining correspondence with national and international research collaborators as directed by the Principal
- Investigator and arranging travel and reservations for visiting international collaborators.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Administrative Assistant Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Accounting or any related field
- At least two (2) years of experience.
- Competencies and skills:
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- strong personal communication
- Mature and self-motivated
- High Integrity and confidentiality
- Experience of accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer through e-mail: [email protected] not later than 20th April 2017.