Kemri NGO Jobs 2017,Research Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
Reference Number: ROME-030117
JOB PURPOSE: The position will be responsible for coordinating the development of the overall M&E strategy for Community and Public Engagement activities at KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP). In addition, S/he will be responsible for implementing activities and carrying out research around this area as outlined in the M&E Protocol. In collaboration with others in the department, the job holder will develop appropriate tools for regular monitoring, evaluating and reporting engagement activities. S/he will also be responsible for collection and analysis of data, synthesis of relevant literature and writing this up. The job holder will contribute to discourses on conceptual and theoretical frameworks for evaluation of engagement through publications and sharing learnings at local and (inter)national forums.
- Principal Investigator
- Head of Community Engagement
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: AROs, Interns (as assigned by PI and HoCE)
Senior Field Workers and Data Clerks
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Laptop computer and digital voice recorders
- Petty cash budget of up-to Kes. 50,000 (for field work activities, meetings)
- Coordinate the development of a monitoring and evaluation strategy for KWTRP Community and Public Engagement initiatives, and ensure data informs implementation of engagement activities.
- Support the department in developing and implementing appropriate evaluation designs, models, data collection tools and analysis frameworks.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation of the entire community and public engagement programme, analyse the data across time and contexts, and disseminate widely through reports, presentations and publications.
- Develop and maintain appropriate databases for Community and Public Engagement data.
- Lead the development of M&E proposals and management M&E related grants.
- Participate in annual review and planning meetings for engagement activities.
- Support Health Systems and Research Ethics (HSRE) Department and the Community Liaison Group (CLG) personnel in any other activities related to M&E and community/public engagement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Development, Social Science, Project Management, or any related field; with a strong focus on monitoring and evaluation
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation strategy, systems and activities for complex programs/interventions in developing countries
- Good knowledge of M&E conceptual and theoretical frameworks.
- Experience in using mixed methods (quantitative and qualitative data), especially in relation to M&E.
- A strong interest in research
- Working experience in research institutions with community and public engagement initiatives.
- Experience in writing funding proposals and managing grants
- Experience in writing scientific publications and/or policy briefs
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and common statistical software packages and qualitative software (e.g Nvivo)
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong report writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Tact, poise and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work within tight deadlines.
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and of high integrity.