Reference Number: CSLRNIH11012017
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE: The position holder will work on the NIH-supported Tambua Mapema Plus trial evaluating the impact of a novel screening programme to detect prevalent and acute HIV infection in adult patients and their partners seeking urgent care at 6 health facilities in Mtwapa and Shanzu. HIV-infected participants and their infected partners will be enrolled in an immediate treatment cohort at KEMRI-Mtwapa. Any identified HIV-negative partner will be enrolled in a PrEP cohort at KEMRI-Mtwapa. Field data collections will run for 2-years. The candidate will join a dynamic team that conducts different clinical epidemiology studies with key populations at the KEMRI clinic in Mtwapa.
The post reports to the Project Manager.
The position holder will spend 100% of their time at one of the six health facilities, and will make home visits to HIV-infected study participants.
- To conduct data collections, including observation of standard of care, and provision of the screening intervention.
- To screen for study eligibility, enrol willing eligible adult study participants, and document reasons for refusal
- To conduct assisted-partner notification of HIV-infected participants
- To make home visits.
- To observe standard operating procedures.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Diploma in Counselling or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience in counselling with documented experience in research
- Experienced in HIV testing and counselling
- Good listening skills, sensitivity and empathy
- Able to work independently, to prioritise work, and to give attention to detail
- Confidentiality, integrity, patience and calm disposition
- Good record keeping and basic report writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment