Reference Number: RO-HE-100117-02
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:To assist the principal investigator to oversee the design and implementation of a study who aim to elicit the preference of healthcare providers for attributes of provider payment mechanisms. This study will have a qualitative component and literature review component to assemble attributes for provider payment mechanisms, and a discrete choice experiment component. The position requires competency in economic methods, quantitative research methods, experience in research, and some knowledge of health systems would be useful.
The primary responsibility will be to assist in the implementation and write up of a research project entitled “What are the preferences of healthcare providers for attributes of provider payment mechanisms in Kenya”.
The research will be carried out in nationally representative sample of healthcare providers in Kenya
For the Health Economics Research Unit (HERU) to:
- Finalize the development of a sub-proposal on eliciting the preference of healthcare providers for attributes of provider payment mechanisms in Kenya and submit the proposal to the proposal for ethics and scientific review
- Conduct a review of relevant international literature on preferences of healthcare providers for attributes of provider payment mechanisms
- Develop qualitative and quantitative data collection tools
- Oversee the data collection for qualitative and quantitative data
- Supervise Assistant Research Officers and Field workers during the period of data collection
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Prepare and submit research papers for publication as required.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Master’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, health economics, statistics, epidemiology)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social science, a quantitative field (e.g. Economics, Statistics, mathematics) or a health related subject (e.g. Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing)
- At least 3 years of research experience
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis using STATA. R or other relevant software
- Experience in overseeing data collection
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Experience in qualitative research method
- Applicants should have interest and ideally experience in health systems the Kenyan health sector
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a meticulous approach to documentation (including word processing and spreadsheet skills)
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines