Kemri NGO Project Assistant Job,March 2018
Reference Number: PA280318
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
Job Grade: 4.01
To provide accurate and efficient financial and project administration to the Epidemiology & Demography Department.
- Department Manager.
- Department Accountant.
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conference and events budgets
- Check and approve staff travel/other claims and studies imprest surrenders
- Prepare invoices for project funds and other claims
- Prepare routine journals e.g. staff salary apportionments for staff paid by more than one grant, overheads before they are uploaded onto the financial management system
- Manage Principal Investigators’ personal accounts
- Ensure correct implementation of institutional finance policies and procedures
- Organise meetings, events and conferences, both internal and external, including booking venues, preparing meeting documentation, organising catering.
- Support internal and external communications, including uploading content to Baraza and the KWTRP website
- Work with colleagues in EDD and Transport department to coordinate usage of vehicles and motorbikes
- Manage the asset register for the Department
- Any other task within the grade-boundaries of the role as required to ensure the effective administration of projects and activities within the Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A diploma in Project Management, Administration, Accounting or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in administrative support in a busy office environment, including financial administration
- Considerable knowledge of office procedures and administrative practices including organization, planning, records management and financial administration.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint.
- Familiarity with management information systems for finance, HR and procurement, and experience of Microsoft access and project.
- Part professional accounting qualifications – CPA I or ACCA Fundamental Level.
- An appreciation of biomedical research, the research grant lifecycle and working with funders and collaborators.
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong numeracy skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to take on new activities and responsibilities as they arise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment.