Kemri NGO Project Manager-Sites Liaison & Engagement Job in Kenya
Reference Number: PMC300617
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:The main purpose of the job will be to support the management of West African site in Burkina Faso and lead the overall CHAIN communication and engagement strategy.
We are operating an international network conducting harmonised health research to improve survival in sick undernourished children in Africa and Asia (The CHAIN Network). The job will involve coordination of site activities, Translation of various documents(English/French), identifying and engaging key stakeholders, managing both internal and external communication, and providing sites with mentorship and guidance in communication.
The post holder will be able to work unsupervised, often with a variable timescale. The post is mentally demanding, involving a high level of communication with sites in other countries, as well as technical ability.
- Act as a site Liaison while providing Leadership in communication with Burkina Faso site especially offering a range of translation services (English/French)
- Monitoring progress of the site and recommending any action points to the site Principal Investigator and the Coordination team.
- Research and disseminate opportunities for CHAIN Researchers/ personnel to engage with stakeholders locally, regionally and internationally to advocate its work and influence policy
- Identify stakeholders and determine strategic engagement strategies
- Support the network in developing strong, collaborative relationships with a range of parties
- Provide internal communications leadership and best practice across the team while assisting the Sites in formulating their own communication plans.
- Provide professional support in the preparation of the CHAIN communication including reviewing, editing and providing rigorous feedback on drafts of papers and reports to ensure high standards.
- Promote internally and externally the CHAIN Project ensuring a programme of networking events and strong communication between the sites.
- Work with and coordinate external providers and consultants (e.g. photographers, graphic designers, professional printers, etc.) to achieve professional, eye-catching publications and promotional materials.
- Manage the CHAIN website, ensuring that it is well maintained, updated, especially in terms of content and news.
- Production of CHAIN quarterly newsletter ensuring that it is relevant and widely distributed
- Manage the CHAIN social media, ensuring that interesting and relevant content is broadly disseminated
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & COMPETENCE:
- A Degree from an accredited institution in the field of Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, and Journalism.
- Either Masters in Business Administration or Project Management from a recognised Institution.
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience managing communications and project management for a large organization.
Skills and Competences:
- Highly developed Bilingual skills in French and English.
- Excellent hands-on communications skills including content development, planning, prioritization and execution of communication actions, familiarity with, and use of, social and traditional media and especially digital skills
- Demonstrable experience of creating, implementing and monitoring strategic communications and engagement plans
- Stakeholder mapping and analysis knowledge and skills
- Previous experience of managing high profile national & International relationships and building strong relationships with key influencers
- Highly collaborative and able to work flexibly and productively with colleagues, researchers, external delivery partners and multiple stakeholders
- Flexibility to travel 50 % of the time.
- Experience in working in a diverse multicultural environment and managing people
- Excellent interpersonal and mentorship skills
- Based at the KEMRI/Wellcome Trust office in Nairobi or Kilifi.
- Occasional national and international travel to visit trial sites for, training and trouble shooting
- Be available to work flexibly, out of hours if necessary