Reference Number: REC20170407
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE: The position will provide efficient and effective operations and front office services at the CTFs Main Reception.
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
The post holder will be responsible for the CTF mail and parcels
- To receive visitors at reception and guiding them to the offices / staff required and maintain accurate records of all visitors coming to the office via the reception.
- To take clear messages for the various CTF teams.
- Ensure that the reception area is well maintained and kept orderly.
- To assist with orders on the FMS system for various projects as required.
- To receive, circulate and send out mail
- To liaise with the main reception staff for outgoing mail via the mailbag to KEMRI headquarters and the KWTRP Nairobi office.
- To receive the newspaper.
- Coordinate the preparation of both local and international itineraries for staff, confirm travel bookings and hotel reservations and raise imprest allowances.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment in the facility, monitor utilization of consumables such as stationary and requisition for additional supplies.
- Provide general clerical and secretarial duties such as photocopying and scanning.
- Administration of departmental meetings, i.e. taking minutes, typing and circulating them to staff as required.
- To assist with the archival processes.
- Diploma in Front Office Operations, Secretarial, Office Management or equivalent
- Knowledge or experience of customer service
- At least 2 years Front Office Operation or secretarial experience in a research or health institution.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot peripheral office hardware equipment such as printers and faxes
- Ability to communicate in English and Kiswahili
- Basic computer literacy
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure discretion
- Ability to take and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills