Kemri NGO Research Nurse Jobs,Salary over Ksh50,000
Reference Number: RENUR220318
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
Job Grade: 5.01
To provide efficient and effective nursing care to paediatric patients and supports research study activities.
- Senior Nurse
- Ward Cleaners
INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Assess patient needs in order to diagnose, plan and implement appropriate nursing care for children in accordance with established protocols.
- Provide treatment to patients as instructed by the physician including performing procedures, tracking vital signs, administering medicines and carrying out regular checks on the patient’s well being.
- Monitor treatment plans, evaluate and advice/ make appropriate recommendations to the Medical Officer or relevant officer as required.
- Undertake daily reviews of patients to establish eligibility for inclusion in studies and make relevant recommendations.
- Ensure all study patients are aware of their rights and have signed consent forms.
- Collect and document data as defined in the study protocols
- Supervise Fieldworkers working in PCM bay.
- Perform study related procedures including administering investigational products as per protocols.
- Continuously advice and inform patient’s parents/ guardians on their children’s illness, participation in the studies, progress and treatment.
- To maintain relevant medical records on patients, treatment etc. as may be required
- To generate and draft nursing reports as may be required from time to time.
- Support study protocols.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A diploma in Nursing or equivalent
- Kenya Registered Nurse (KERN)
- At least 3 years nursing experience
- Knowledge/ experience in patient care and in undertaking medical procedures
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Proactive and confident with strong ethics
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance.
- Exposure to patients and materials considered infectious and/or bio hazardous