The selected candidate will be in charge of project accounting duties at clinical trials site in Thika.
Responsibilities for the Project Accountant Job
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly reports on usage of project funds to multiple donors and sponsors for various studies.
- Provide support for procurement process in a manner that’s transparent, fair and in accordance with policy.
- Provide logistic and operations support to the study activities.
- Effectively manage all service providers and suppliers
- Ensure all project equipment are well maintained and operating optimally and maintain fixed assets register.
- Ensure that project cash flows (income and expenditures) are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor budgets utilization and communicate variances on a regular basis to the management and sponsors.
- Engage with different host institutions on timely submission of accounting reports.
- Provide administrative, operations and logistics duties for the project as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Project Accountant Job
- Should have a degree in business related course
- Be a Certified Public Accountant
- Work experience in a research or related projects for at least 2 years.
- Advanced excel knowledge and experience are required
- Exposure to QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer through e-mail: [email protected] not later than 20th April 2017.