Reference Number: 06062017-RMO
Category: Research, Science and Biotechnology
JOB PURPOSE: To undertake research/ clinical trials. Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and Programme policies in the provision of medical care and execution of research studies.
Head of Clinical Trials Facility and Study PI
Clinical Officers, Nurses & Fieldworkers
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Involved in study design, study documents and database creation,
- Regulatory communication with the various partners
- Community sensitization
- Responsible for day to day running of study activities that involves planning and allocating study staff duties,
- Lead and guide medical and research teams as required in the provisional of medical care and to ensure compliance with all laid down medical care and research study guideline, maintain study documentation and adhere to study conduct.
- Participate in and attend research meetings, other meetings and clinical skills training and updates as required.
- Prepare and submit patient reports and generate relevant research study reports/ documentation.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- A medical degree i.e. MB CHB, MBBS etc.
- At least two years post qualification experience in medical practice
- Current registration Kenya MP and DB
- Interest in clinical medicine, medical research and competency in basic clinical procedures e.g. performing lumbar punctures’ and venepunctures
- Basic knowledge in research methodology and computer literate with the ability to perform data analysis, generate reports and use statistical packages e.g. STATA
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Excellent diagnostic, analytical and investigative skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, in a team and in a multi-cultural environment
- Confidential, attentive to detail, proactive, punctual and possess high integrity