Reference Number: 06062017-RN
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE: To co-ordinate and run the day to day research studies activities and provide efficient and effective nursing care to patients.
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Petty cash, Study equipment in the field
- Provide nursing care to the participants
- Advice on strategies for the recruitment of suitable patients for research studies and screen and identify potentially eligible participants.
- Provide on-going information, education and support to families or guardians of potentially eligible research subjects and ensure all concerns and queries are addressed satisfactorily and where necessary refer to senior clinical staff.
- Administer and/or oversee the informed consent process and ensure that this is undertaken as per study protocols and Programme policies.
- Carry out trial related assessments and collection of data using case record forms in accordance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Participate in the documentation and reporting of serious adverse events and clinical endpoints, including death and readmission to hospital.
- Monitor treatment toxicity/side effects and liaise with the clinical care team to initiate changes to treatment as required by the protocol.
- Ensure that all clinical teams are working according to GCP and research governance standards for clinical trials.
- Co-ordinate and manage study-specific Field Workers.
- Liaise with the staff providing routine clinical care on the ward to provide clinical care for patients including administering drugs and monitoring patient treatment.
- Presents clinical findings or methods/issues in study management to peers or local audience
- And any other duties that may be required by the study or clinical team.
- KRCHN or above in Nursing
- At least 2 years experience in nursing at a senior level with additional experience/ exposure to clinical trials/ research
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard guidelines for care
- Computer literate with proficiency Microsoft applications
- Excellent diagnostic ability
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Confidential, high integrity and strong ethics
- Flexibility, adaptability and proactive
- Able work under stressful environment with minimal supervision
- Self driven, highly motivated and able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment and punctual