The KEMRI / University of Washington Study
The KEMRI / UW Research Collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children living in Kenya.
We are looking for a motivated, committed, and honest staff member to join our team.
Job Title: Study Coordinator (1 Position)
She/he will also manage staff members at seven to ten enrollment sites in Western Kenya and ensure that all research processes strictly adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing or Public Health or Degree or Higher Diploma in Nursing or Public Health with at least 5 years of experience in infectious diseases related research activities
- At least 5 years experience coordinating research studies; clinical trial experience is preferred
- Experience in coordination of multiple sites and teams
- Experience in coordinating externally monitored studies
- Be able to design, amend and implement research protocols
- Ability to manage and supervise a team of study personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to domestic and international supervisors in person, over the phone, on Skype, and over email.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task
- Be a team player
- Highly detail oriented
- Willing and ready to travel within country
The clinical study coordinator will act as the primary point person for the study and will oversee all study activities including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and managing all staff members at various study sites, training new staff members including giving briefings on all operational policies and procedures; ensuring each person understands his/her role and responsibilities
- Set up enrollment sites at various health facilities in Homa Bay and Migori County
- Act as a liason between members of hospitals, Ministry of Health, and communities including conducting regular study sensitization sessions and discussion forums.
- Maintain strong relationship with study clinical sites and community groups involved
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices for the study
- Develop quality control and assurance checks for study procedures and data
- Attend and organize training of study procedures
- Ensure all data and adverse event forms are filled out appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Observation of study procedures to ensure adherence to protocol
- Maintenance of Trial Master File and all quality control documentation
- Responsible for all ethical and pharmacy review board applications
- Pilot testing of case report forms and database
- Ensure that participant charts and specimens are conveyed daily between clinic site and the laboratory
- Coordinate staff evaluation procedures
- Make weekly reports on the administration of the study
- Address weekly data queries
- Fill-in for site staff members when necessary
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Investigators
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW Organization
The successful candidate shall be based in Nyanza.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales. Health Insurance Cover is provided for the staff members only.
How to Apply