The KEMRI / University of Washington Study
The KEMRI / UW research collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children living in Kenya.
Specifically our research strives to understand various infectious diseases afflicting these populations and testing interventions.
We are looking for motivated, committed, and honest staff member to join our team.
Job Title: Study Coordinator
Job Description: The Study Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of clinical trials and observation studies to ensure smooth implementation of the study.
She/he will manage the project on a day-to day basis, recruit research participants and oversee the collection of study and trial data whilst ensuring that these research processes adhere to regulatory requirements.
She/he will also work with study primary investigators to develop standard operating procedures, prepare and submit regulatory authority documents, design and edit appropriate logs to document study-related activities, design and edit case report forms, conduct internal monitoring to ensure all protocols are being followed, and leading regular in-house trainings.
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing or Public Health or Degree or Higher Diploma in Nursing or Public Health with at least 5 years of experience in infectious diseases related research activities
- Be able to design, amend and implement Research Protocols
- Ability to manage and supervise a team of study personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to domestic and international supervisors
- Be able to manage and supervise study staff
- Computer literate (Word, Excel)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- More than 3 years experience in Clinical Research
- Able to multi-task
- Be a team player
- Willing and ready to travel within country
The clinical study coordinator will act as the primary point person for the Study and will oversee all study activities including but not limited to:
Scheduling and managing all staff members at various study sites, training new staff members including giving briefings on all operational policies and procedures; ensuring each person understands his/her role and responsibilities
- Fill in for study staff when necessary
- Maintain strong relationship with study clinical sites and community groups involved
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices for the studies
- Develop quality control and assurance checks for study procedures and data
- Attend trainings and organize follow-up training of study procedures
- Ensure that all data and adverse event forms are filled out appropriately
- Observation of study procedures to ensure adherence to protocol
- Maintenance of Master File
- Responsible for all ethical and pharmacy review board applications
- Pilot testing of case report forms and database
- Ensure that participant charts and specimens are conveyed daily between clinic site and the laboratory
- Coordinate staff evaluation procedures
- Make weekly reports on the administration of the study
- Address weekly data queries
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Investigators
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW Organization
Terms of Employment: One year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months. The successful candidate shall be based in Nyanza.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE
to complete the application form: and then send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees and copies of certificates and testimonials to Email address: [email protected]
to reach us by Monday 4th July, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.