KEMRI / University of Washington: The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies in Kenya.
The KEMRI/UW research collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children living in Kenya.
Specifically our research strives to understand various infectious diseases afflicting these populations and testing interventions.
The KEMRI / UW study projects seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced person to fill the following positions which will be based in Nairobi:Study Administrative Assistant
Key Responsibilities and Duties:The responsibilities of the Study Admin Assistant will include, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly financial payroll reports and confirms with KEMRI salaries department.
- Drafts employee’s staff contracts and present to Administrator for renewal on annual basis.
- Supervises office cleaner and ensure that the office is kept in an orderly manner.
- Manages a KEMRI/UW staff Google calendar for sick offs and annual leave days.
- Draft personnel letters to KEMRI main and follow up on their progress at different departments.
- Manages office pettycash account and ensure that the impress float is maintained.
- Enter transactions into the QuickBooks and generate monthly Projects expenditure report.
- Draft LPOs for supplies requisition
- Prepare and send supplies to the field sites as per the weekly inventory request.
- Maintains staff personal files and ensure their confidentiality is upheld.
- Manages the emails and KEMRI/UW google calendar.
- Arranges necessary travel reservations, airport pickups and itineraries.
- Performs other tasks involved in conducting the study as assigned.
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration or related courses
- Previous experience in Administration
- One years of experience working in a busy office set up
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and financial accountability.
- Commitment to integrity and high quality performance.
- Strong professional references from previous supervisors.
- Above average computer applications experience and proficiency.
- Exceptional eye for detail
How to Apply
Terms of Employment:
Contract for one year, as per KEMRI Scheme of Service.
The successful candidate shall undergo a three (3) months probationary period for the first three months upon initiation of employment. If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to fill the online application form and then send an application with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 referees to Email address: [email protected] to reach us by 14th September, 2016 at 4.00 p.m. Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.