Assistant Procurement Officer Job at KEMU
The Assistant Procurement Officer shall report to the Procurement Officer and shall be responsible for one or more of the following functions:
Assistant Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
- Maintain efficiency and effectiveness of operations in the procurement department of the University.
- Enforce effective accountability of the procurement processes including management of stores.
- Enforce adherence to the approved University-wide procurement plan.
- Manage the supplier database and the process and procedures of engaging the suppliers.
- Undertaking regular market surveys to ensure cost effectiveness for the University to get value for money in the for goods and services.
- Processing of tender applications and provision of secretariat services for the Tender Committees and other procurement subcommittees.
- Facilitation of end user to establish quality specifications for required goods and services.
Requirements for the Assistant Procurement Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Supplies Management form a University that is recognized in Kenya;
- At least six (6) years post qualification working experience in an institution of higher learning or equivalent organization in the corporate sector.
- Membership (or eligibility thereto) of relevant professional body that is recognized in Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit 3 copies with: An application letter, Detailed CV, Academic and Professional Certificates and any other supporting documents. Clearly labeled and sealed applications should be addressed to:
Chairman of Council Kenya Methodist University
The application should be dropped at the Chairman of Council’s office at the KeMU Hub Koinange Street, Nairobi Kenya.
Recommendations from 3 referees should be sent separately to the address above on or before 19th May 2017 at 4:00 P.M.
Further Information can be accessed on the KeMU website: www.kemu.ac.ke