Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) is a private university which aspires to be a leading university in academics, research, innovation, internationalization and societal transformation. To effectively achieve the University’s Vision, KeMU wishes to competitively recruit suitable applicants for the following management positions who possess the following qualifications:
Registrar (Administration, Planning & Development (Grade MU14) –Re-advertisement
The Registrar shall report to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Finance & Administration and should have the following qualifications:
- Must possess a PhD in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Must have at least three (3) years’ work experience in a recognized University or its equivalent or research institution.
- Should have ability to lead, guide, coordinate and facilitate strategic planning processes.
- Should demonstrate skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Should demonstrate skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing new strategies and procedures.
- Should be able to develop and administer various human resource plans and procedures for all University Human Resource Capital.
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (Grade MU11)
The Human Resource Officer shall report to the Registrar (Administration, Planning & Development) and shall be responsible for the following functions:
- Supervision and advancement of the Human Resource Function of the University.
- Manpower Planning and preparation of related Budgets, Succession Planning.
- Interpretation and implementation of Human Resource Policies and Terms and Conditions of Service as relates to
(i) Staff Training. (ii) Recruitment. (iii) Job description (iv) Staff evaluation. (v) Schemes of Service (vi) Union matters in collaboration with heads of sections concerned.
- Oversight of the remuneration, compensation and reward management, Medical Benefits Scheme, Pension Scheme and Performance Management.
- Provide Leadership in management of change processes within the University and advice on the development of University Structure, effective job design and processes to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Provide the service of Industrial Relations Officer of the University and advise the Deputy Vice Chancellor Administration
and Finance on all matters relating to negotiations with trade unions and other bodies in Terms and Condition of Service.
- To review all disciplinary cases and advise the Deputy Vice Chancellor Administration and Finance on which cases should be referred to the Staff Disciplinary Committee.
P.O Box 267-60200 Meru, Kenya. Tel:020-2118425/23/24/25/26/27/30 064-31229
Requirements for the Position (Human Resource Officer)
- A Bachelor’s degree from a university that is recognized in Kenya.
- A Master’s Degree in Management or Business Administration (Human Resource specialization) or an equivalent from
a recognized university will be an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years working experience in an institution of Higher Learning or similar organization in the corporate sector.
- A recognized professional qualification in Human Resource Management.
- Membership of a human resource professional body that is recognized in Kenya.
DIRECTOR, RESEARCH AND INNOVATION (Re-advertisement)
- Must hold an earned Ph.D. from a recognized University;
- Have at least ten (3) years of academic experience at a senior position in a University setting with a demonstrated capacity for leadership and academic excellence;
- Possess an outstanding and internationally recognized scholarship record as evidenced by peer-refereed journal publications and university level books or book chapters;
- Have ability and leadership skills to effectively co-ordinate teaching and research functions in the University;
- Demonstrated ability to attract research grants and other awards;
- Have demonstrated competence in academic leadership in an academic/research environment;
- Have excellent understanding of current trends in university education, research and training globally and the factors and conditions shaping development of university education and research in Kenya;
- Be an accomplished researcher with demonstrated experience to establish networks;
- Demonstrate ability in networking, fundraising, resource mobilization and fund management.
Duties and responsibilities
- To have the overall responsibility of direction, organization and administration of research and innovation;
- To develop, formulate and implement appropriate policies that promote research infrastructure;
- To coordinate workshops and seminars on outreach programmes and technology transfer;
- To plan, coordinate, administer and provide logistical support for research at all levels;
- To coordinate research activities and source for research funds;
- To promote and coordinate research, proposals development, scientific publications, innovation, extension and technology transfer to industry and business community;
- To develop strategic alliances with the two levels of Government, industry, and local and international research institutes;
- To protect and promote intellectual assets, commercialization, dissemination and publication of research output;
- To create and manage research database and archives;
- To fund raise and undertake other resource mobilization activities for research and related activities;
- To build research capacity among staff and students;
- To benchmark for research excellence and coordinate exchange of scholars;
- To negotiate and manage research contracts and consultancies;
- To ensure availability of suitable and adequate resources for proper delivery of research and outreach programmes of the University;
- To ensure effective accountability to the Vice-Chancellor for the proper management of the Research and Innovation Division;
- To ensure that the Senate is properly advised on the national and international research direction and development;
- To drive the University research agenda in line with the University and Country, regional and international vision.
- To promote research, innovation and extension culture in the University;
- To institutionalize collaborative research and outreach programmes in the University;
- To carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor.
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Grade MU11)
The Procurement Officer shall report to the Registrar (Administration, Planning & Development) and shall be responsible for the following:
- Supervise and advance the procurement and supplies function of the University.
- Ensure the effective implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines in the procurement system.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations in the procurement department of the University.
- Ensure effective accountability of the procurement processes including management of stores.
- Ensure the achievement of the performance targets set out in the procurement plan.
- Oversee preparation of University-wide procurement plan and enforce adherence as approved.
- Prepare and manage the supplier prequalification process and supplier database.
- Undertake regular market surveys on new products, emerging issues in the supply chain and cost effectiveness in the industry.
- Process tender applications and provide secretariat services to the Tender Committee and other procurement sub-committees.
- Facilitate establishment of quality specifications by end users goods and services.
- Enhance end user competencies through training on procurement process and guidelines.
Requirements for the Position
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Supplies Management or a related area from a university that is recognized in Kenya.
- A Master’s Degree in Procurement/Supplies Management or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university will
be an added advantage.
- At least six(6) years working experience in an institution of higher learning or equivalent organization in the corporate sector.
- A recognized professional qualification in Purchasing and/or Supplies Management.
P.O Box 267-60200 Meru, Kenya. Tel:020-2118425/23/24/25/26/27/30 064-31229
ASSITANT PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Grade MU9)
The Assistant Procurement Officer shall report to the Procurement Officer and shall be responsible for one or more of the following functions:
- Maintain efficiency and effectiveness of operations in the procurement department of the University.
- Enforce effective accountability of the procurement processes including management of stores.
- Enforce adherence to the approved University-wide procurement plan.
- Manage the supplier database and the process and procedures of engaging the suppliers.
- Undertaking regular market surveys to ensure cost effectiveness for the University to get value for money in the for goods and services.
- Processing of tender applications and provision of secretariat services for the Tender Committees and other procurement subcommittees.
- Facilitation of end user to establish quality specifications for required goods and services.
Requirements for the position
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Supplies Management form a University that is recognized in Kenya; and
- At least six (6) years post qualification working experience in an institution of higher learning or equivalent organization in the corporate sector.
- Membership (or eligibility thereto) of relevant professional body that is recognized in Kenya.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Service for the above positions are contractual and applicants will be eligible for renewal based on the candidate’s individual satisfactory performance. The positions carry competitive remuneration package, terms and benefits. The entry point for each position will depend on qualifications and experience of the applicant
Applicants should submit 3 copies with: An application letter, Detailed CV, Academic and Professional Certificates and any other supporting documents. Clearly labeled and sealed applications should be addressed to:
Chairman of Council
Kenya Methodist University
The application should be dropped at the Chairman of Council’s office at the KeMU Hub Koinange Street, Nairobi Kenya.
Recommendations from 3 referees should be sent separately to the address above on or before 19th May 2017 at 4:00 P.M.
Further Information can be accessed on the KeMU website: www.kemu.ac.ke