Position: Payroll Clerk
Reports to: Chief cashier
Job Profile and Description: Payroll clerk is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of pay and benefits of contract staff. He or she will report to the chief cashier.
He or she has will to auditing, verifying and organizing the reports.
The work requires utmost confidentiality handling pay and essentially identical working with the chief cashier who releases paychecks to bank-and-file either physically or through direct bank deposits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Posting personal detail of new contractual staff into the system.
- Recording and monitoring each and every contractual staff in the system.
- Reconciliation of piece work done by each contractual staff on a daily basis for both KI and KCC.
- Assist in preparation and issuing the proper manual paychecks with the correct signatories for approval.
- Ensure all data is filed well for audit purposes.
- Ensure correct posting of the normal and piece-rate of each of the contracted staff on daily basis.
- Ensure contracted staff payroll is closed by or before the 10th day as stipulated in the company.
- Accuracy of calculation of normal rates, flat & pieces rates –zero error.
- Handling of any pay related grievances arising from outsourced employees such as unpaid days.
- Clocking failure.
- Improve the payment timelines and enhance efficiency.
- Helping in issuing out payslips.
- ensuring that contractual staff payroll is closed on in time.
- making sure that the outsourced companies are being paid the correct amount by paying them according to commissions.
Skills and Specification
- The person must be well versed with Ms Office computer applications.
- The person should have the exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- He or she should have strong interpersonal skills to interact with high level decision makers.
- The person must demonstrate the highest ability to keep records and maintain high level of confidentiality.
- He or she needs to have the ability to interpret corporate documents such as payroll procedures and guidelines.
- The person should have the excellent strong organizational skills.
- The other skills required are the exceptional problem solving and time management skills to do the job.
Education and Qualification.
- Diploma in a business related field or CPA 1 / 11.
- The person needs to have the past 1 year of working experience in the same or comparable position.
- The person must have the required computer knowledge and literacy with spreadsheets and word processing.
- He or she should be very familiar with automated accounting systems and or HRMIS, ERP, etc.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV and relevant certificates indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title on the email subject to [email protected] The deadline for application is 11th October 2015