KenGen Foundation is a Corporate Trust established four years ago for purposes of carrying out and upscaling KenGen’s social investment initiatives.
The Foundation is a non-profit organization and its activities are wholly philanthropic and charitable.
The Job Summary: Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the job holder will be responsible for steering the Foundation to the next level by building on its capacity to expand its fundraising and programming activities as well as building relationships with various partners and stakeholders.
Key duties & responsibilities
- To run the day to day activities of the Foundation in close collaboration with the Board of Trustees and members of staff.
- Work with the Board and staff to ensure the Foundation continuously remains effective towards its mission and execution of its mandate.
- Develop effective financial and investment strategies and ensure these are well implemented
- Built a strong culture that will enable the Foundation carry out its long-term objectives and grow as an organization with appropriate values and ethical practices.
- Develop tools for proper management of all aspects of the organization including human capital, assets, social investment and financing systems
- With the team of staff, oversee identification and development of suitable programs under the core focus of the organization
- Lead in grant making, grants management and donor/partners engagement to ensure strategic engagements and partnerships are carried out optimally
- Ensure the organizations legal requirements are adhered to according to the governing laws
- Preparing monthly, annual and other reports as may be required by the Board of Trustees.
- Overseeing timely internal and external audits
- Coach and nurture staff to ensure their growth and maximum utilization of their capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following areas; Business, Social Sciences, and Humanities & Arts, or related field gained from a recognized university;
- A post-Graduate qualification in a relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- A master’s degree in any management or social science field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a philanthropic or charitable organization with at least five (5) years spent in senior management level in a significant organization(s) with similar operations.
- Excellent leadership competencies including analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills and ability to make difficult decisions;
- Experience working with local and global stakeholders as strategic business partner, stakeholder and/or shareholder.
- Extensive experience in managing or working at top level management of a philanthropic institution
- Intensive knowledge of the Global grant-making and donor landscape
- Tested skills in proposal and report writing
- Valid membership to a relevant professional body.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and submit the following;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who clearly demonstrate their abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the above role should submit their application letters complete with detailed resume and copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, including among other details, current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 30th June, 2017 at 4.00 p.m. addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Director KenGen Stima Plaza, 6th Floor Room 6:01. P.O Box 47936 – 00100 Kolobot Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Detailed Job descriptions are posted in our website
NB: KenGen Foundation is an equal opportunity Employer.
Canvassing and falsifying or misrepresentation of qualifications will lead to automatic disqualification.