Our client, the Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited (KenGen) is the leading electric power generation company in Kenya, producing about 80 percent of electricity consumed in the country.
To deliver its mandate, the company employs about 2400 staff located in different power plants in the country.
KenGen recognizes that to maintain leadership in the liberalised electric energy sub-sector in Kenya and the Eastern Africa Region, it needs to attract and retain the best and highly competent staff.
It is in this regard that KenGen is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and professional individual to fill the following key position:
Human Resource and Administration Director
Reporting to the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer the jobholder will be responsible for delivering the entire spectrum of human resource and administrative strategies.
A key part of this role will be to provide leadership in change management, organisational development initiatives, ensuring staff motivation by creating a conducive working environment.
- Lead and provide thought leadership in the development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies, and procedures to achieve KenGen’s strategic objectives.
- Identify, attract, deploy and retain qualified and skilled personnel.
- Ensure continuous development and maintenance of an effective performance management system,
- Maintain a robust remuneration strategy and appropriate terms and conditions of employment.
- Lead and contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate change management initiatives.
- Ensure efficient and effective administration services including maintenance of KenGen’s property and offices and provision of transportation services.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- To be appointed for the role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management is mandatory.
- An MBA or Masters in Human Resources degree will be an added advantage.
- S/he will be a member of IHRM, and have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing human resources and administration functions and at least 5 years in a senior management position in a unionised environment.
- The ideal candidate should also have the experience of driving HRIS systems implementation, be fluent in written and verbal English with highly effective communication and influencing skills.
- S/he should have the experience of leading a team of diverse human resources professionals and have proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters to ensure industrial harmony.
- S/he should be able to showcase evidence of inspirational leadership with the ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
KenGen believes having an engaged, highly motivated and result-oriented workforce is key to delivering sustainable corporate performance.
How to Apply
For more details on the position above, visit our website www.pwc.com/ke/en/executive-search.html and send your application to reach us by Friday 25 September 2015.
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role.
Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three referees.
Only applications received online will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form is not allowed.