Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited (KenGen) is the leading power producer in the country.
In order to strengthen the Corporate Strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Internal Audit and Risk Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director & C.E.O and the Audit & Risk Management Committee of the Board, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate and provide thought leadership in the development and implementation of internal audit and risk management strategies, policies and procedures to achieve KenGen’s strategic objectives.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise audit staff to ensure implementation of audit plans as approved by the Audit & Risk Management Committee of the Board including preparation of individual assignment audit plans.
- Lead in preparation of all audit plans to ensure they include auditing of processes, procedures, company’s projects and related systems. The role will also include reviewing internal controls and IT infrastructure, carrying out risk assessment review of internal controls as well as detection and prevention of frauds.
- Plan and co-ordinate the timely performance of special audit investigations and forensic audits as necessary.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation of audit reports on completion of each assignment and ensure timely issuance to the Managing Director & CEO and the senior management team for implementation of recommended actions.
- Prepare risk based annual audit plans aligned to KenGen’s objectives for the continuous audit of the organization’s risk management, internal controls, governance processes and financial statements.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of appropriate risk management frameworks in line with KenGen’s corporate goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the company’s projects and related processes meet the required standards, procedures, processes and contractual obligations by conducting routine audits of Kengen projects.
Key Job Requirements
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Commerce (Finance or Accounting option) or related discipline.
- A CPA (K) or ACCA is mandatory
- Membership of ICPAK is mandatory
- A CIA or CISA qualification is mandatory
- Institute of Internal Auditors or ISACA is mandatory
- Knowledge of information management systems is essential.
- At least Ten (10) years working experience in Internal Audit and Risk Management, Five (5) of which are at Senior management level in a large organisation.
- Previous experience as an auditor with an international audit firm is an added advantage.
- In addition possession of risk assessment skills and the ability to plan effectively to ensure adequate coverage of all high and critical risks is essential.
- Candidates shortlisted for the interview will be required to submit the following:-
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission ( EACC)
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Detailed Job Descriptions are posted in our website.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit application letters complete with detailed resume and copies of certificates to Ag. Human Resources & Administration Director, Stima Plaza, 7th Floor Room 7.06.
The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Closing date for applications is 11th September, 2015 at 4.00 p.m.
NB: KenGen is an equal opportunity Employer.
Canvassing and falsifying or misrepresentation of qualifications will lead to automatic disqualification.