Assistant Manager Taxation Job at KenGen
Supervisor / Manager title:– Corporate
Division: Finance and ICT
Department: Corporate Finance Section: Taxation
Taxation Manager Job Summary:
- Reporting to the Corporate Finance Manager, the ideal candidate will advise the company on technical tax matters, both direct and indirect taxes, tax review of contracts, tax planning for both direct and indirect taxes, link with Kenya Revenue Authority, financial and tax
compliance audits, Compliance in employee taxes, value added taxes, customs and income taxes, International taxes, tax exemptions, Computation of both current and deferred taxes
Taxation Manager Job Key Duties
- Ensure Tax compliance including but not limited to filing of returns and tax payments
- Tax planning to minimise tax cost/exposure to the company
- Preparing tax computations in accordance with the Tax law
- Carrying out plant inspections for Investment deduction purposes
- Reviewing contracts, tender documents and any other undertakings by the company and offering advice on tax matters across the entire company
- Negotiating with Tax Authorities and other bodies
- Continuously reviewing new tax laws and advising the company on the same
- In liaison with other sub-sector players, lobby for changes in Tax law
- Maintain good working relationships with
- Carrying out training and creating tax awareness within the company to enhance tax compliance
- Staff supervision, training and development
Educational Requirements for Tax Manager Job
- bachelor’s degree holder in finance, business marketing, accounting from a recognized university.
- Certified financial analyst (CFA), certified public accountant CPA (K) or its equivalent.
Related Job Experience/Qualifications:
- At least ten (10) years work experience in finance or accounting, five (5) years of which should be in large organization handling taxation matters.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- The candidate must demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Kenyan Tax Law
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills.
- IT skills with proficiency in MS Word, MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams.
How to Apply
Click here to apply