Legal Officer Job at The Kenya National Highways Authority
The Senior Legal Officer will be responsible for providing legal advice to the Authority. He/She will also be responsible for drawing up and submitting contracts, agreements and other legaldocuments
Responsibilities for the Legal Officer Job
- providing legal advice to ensure the best legal approach is taken by the Authority
- drawing up and submitting contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- preparation and monitoring of the Section’s budgets and expenditures;
- undertake Legal research to ensure the Authority is acting in accordance with all applicable laws;
- preparing Quarterly Legal Reports;
- acting and advising the Authority on regulatory changes or issues;
- preparation of Board Resolutions, Action Points, Board Reports and Board Minutes;
managing the risk exposure of the Authority by ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
- liaising with external lawyers on all cases filed against the Authority to ensure instructions, witnesses and
- statements are procured on time;
- working with external lawyers to initiate lawsuits or to formulate a defence, to gather evidence in legal
- proceedings involving the Authority and rendering general advice relating to any legal proceedings involving the Authority;
- acting on claims that may be made by the Authority in debt recovery; and
- representing the Authority in litigation matters in various Courts within Kenya..
Legal Officer Job Specifications
- Served in the grade of Legal Officer or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Admitted as an advocate of the High Court Kenya.
- Certificate in the relevant Computer applications from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Secretary (K) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications to the address below together with their CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National IDs and clearance certificates from the Organizations’ enumerated in the job specifications above. Applications may be hand delivered or posted to the address below, so as to be received by the Director General, KeNHA not later than close of business on Tuesday, 18th April, 2017 at 5.00pm.
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization; we therefore encourage persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply.
Shortlisted candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution. Specifically, they must obtain clearance from the following Organizations:
Kenya Revenue Authority;
Higher Education Loans Board;
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
Criminal Investigation Department (certificate of good conduct).
Copies of these clearance certificates should be presented at the time of interview. Applications for all positions should be addressed to:-
The Director General, Kenya National Highways Authority, Blue Shield Towers, 9th floor, Hospital Hill Road, P.O Box 49712-00100, NAIROBI.
Applications for all positions can be hand delivered and placed inside the Recruitment Box on the 1st Floor or emailed to [email protected]
Applications without the relevant qualifications copies of documentation /details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.