The Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest), the successor organization of the former Investment Promotion Centre (IPC) was created by the Investment Promotion Act 2004.
The Authority’s mandate is to promote and facilitate investment for both domestic and international investors.
The Authority is seeking to recruit suitable a candidate for the following position:-
Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Manager, Finance
Division / Section / Unit: Finance & Administration
- Accounts Assistant (s)
- Accounts Clerk
- Temporal staff
Location: Head Office Nairobi
Job Purpose: Compiling and posting general ledger information and summaries concerning various financial transactions in order to ensure accurate and timely maintenance of accounting records in accordance with prescribed financial policies
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Compile and post general ledger information and summaries concerning various financial transactions;
- Prepare general ledger journal entries to record cash, revenue, and expense activities;
- Carry out bank reconciliation, selected account reconciliation, including cash reconciliation as well as prepare other appropriate schedules as required;
- Prepare and close monthly entries, analysis and reconcile all balance sheet accounts; prepare monthly financial statements and other accounting reports;
- Check and verify expenditure before preparing payment vouchers, cheques and remittance payments;
- Prepare tax returns to ensure compliance with tax payment requirements and other statutory requirements;
- Proper maintenance, storage, security and filing of all financial and accounting documents in order to ensure that they are properly kept and accessible for action;
- Receive and issue receipts in respect of all cash paid in;
- Make cash payments in respect of staff claims;
- Maintain and regularly reconcile assets register with the general ledger;
- Analyze cash paid in, out and cash balance; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Degree from an accredited University with an emphasis in Commerce (Accounting) option or in a related field.
- Hold CPA (K) qualification Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Public sector in an equivalent position
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles, financial management and banking
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding integrity
- Good analytical skills
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office and financial packages
- Team player and good interpersonal relations
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely payment of creditors
- Meticulous financial records and filing of documents
- Timely preparation of tax returns
- Feedback from stakeholders
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their application letters together with copies of Curriculum Vitae, certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer) including a reliable telephone contact, to be received on or before 10th June 2016 to the address below.
The Managing Director
Kenya Investment Authority
P.O Box 55704-00200
Please quote the position you are applying for clearly on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KenInvest is an Equal Opportunity employer and candidates from minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.