The Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest), the successor organization of the former Investment Promotion Centre (IPC) was created by the Investment Promotion Act 2004.
The Authority’s mandate is to promote and facilitate investment for both domestic and international investors.
The Authority is seeking to recruit suitable a candidate for the following position:-
Job Title: Senior Investor Services Officer (Aftercare) – Mombasa
Reports to: General Manager or Regional Manager
Division / Section / Unit: Investor Services
- After Care Officer
- Project Analyst Officer
- Administrative and Office Assistants
- Temporal staff
Location: Mombasa Regional Office
Job Purpose: To catalyze business creation to achieve economic development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing business development and advisory services to investors;
- Providing effective and efficient After Care services to new and existing investments;
- Coordinating creation of Investment Clubs and Committees in various Counties;
- Coordinating tracking of approved projects;
- Ensuring regular reports are updated with a log of investors visited and action taken on issues raised;
- Developing business linkages and joint venture partnerships in the County;
- Developing an inventory of collapsed projects to facilitate their promotion and revival in the County; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Qualifications:
- A Degree from an accredited University with an emphasis in Economics and Business Studies or in a related field.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with 3 years in management position in areas of investment, marketing and business advisory;
- Knowledge in project management, identification, selection, appraisal, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven knowledge and experience of marketing strategies and action plans;
- Conversant with Government economic recovery programmes and economic integration initiatives (EAC, COMESA, WTO, EU, AGOA, NEPAD, etc);
- International exposure in related field;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Team player.
Key Performance Indicators
- No. of new or existing investment projects registered with KenInvest.
- Number of enquiries responded to and percentage of those responded to on time.
- Projects approved and volume of investments.
- Joint venture partnerships actualized.
- Stakeholder feedback
- Level of re-investment/expansion
- Average time taken to resolve issues raised by investors.
- Timely submission of monthly progress reports.
- Teamwork spirit among staff being supervised.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their application letters together with copies of Curriculum Vitae, certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer) including a reliable telephone contact, to be received on or before 10th June 2016 to the address below.
The Managing Director
Kenya Investment Authority
P.O Box 55704-00200
Please quote the position you are applying for clearly on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KenInvest is an Equal Opportunity employer and candidates from minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.