The Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest), the successor organization of the former Investment Promotion Centre (IPC) was created by the Investment Promotion Act 2004.
The Authority’s mandate is to promote and facilitate investment for both domestic and international investors.
The Authority is seeking to recruit suitable a candidate for the following position:-
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Division / Section / Unit: Procurement
- Procurement Assistant (s)
- Stores Assistant (s)
Location: Head Office Nairobi
Job Purpose: To ensure efficient and effective supply of goods and services; and value for money at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports showing achievement of the procurement and logistic functions and providing justifications for performance variance;
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning and forecasting;
- Review, design, interpret and implement supplies policies, regulations, procedures and systems in line with Government policy;
- Ensure materials procured for the Authority are as per the specifications, quality, are within budget, and maximize value for money;
- Monitor and produce reliable statistics and market analysis of price trends to improve the purchasing planning and budgeting process;
- Ensure disposal of unserviceable stores in line with Procurement regulations;
- Undertake market surveillance on process of good/services, approving re-order levels and maintaining supplies;
- Supervise in receiving and opening of tender documents, prepare tender documents in liaison with user departments and prepare contract documents in line with award decisions;
- Respond to queries from contractors, suppliers and staff in regard to procurement practices as per the Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 among others;
- Prepare procurement plans and comply with PPOA requirements;
- Serve as Secretary to the Tender Committee;
- Maintain complete, accurate and meticulous records of all procurement activities in a secure and easily retrievable manner; and
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
Education and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or other related field with bias in Procurement, Supply Chain or Logistics;
- Diploma from Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies (CIPS), Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or its equivalent;
- Membership to Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
Skills and Experience:
- Five (5) years’ work experience as Head of Procurement in a public entity;
- Good analytical skills;
- Meets all the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Computer literacy;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Leadership and Team player.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adequate stock;
- Quality goods and services;
- Optimal reorder levels;
- Well-maintained stores;
- Timely supplies and issues;
- Competitive prices (value for money);
- Clean audits; and
- Level of customer satisfaction.
KenInvest is an Equal Opportunity employer and candidates from minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their application letters together with copies of Curriculum Vitae, certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer) including a reliable telephone contact, to be received on or before 10th June 2016 to the address below.
The Managing Director
Kenya Investment Authority
P.O Box 55704-00200
Please quote the position you are applying for clearly on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.