Kenya Airports Authority
Job Purpose: To conduct security, safety and convenient facilitation of passengers, other airport users and luggage through security checks, control and conducting security patrols to ensure no unauthorized objects are carried and to ensure no intrusion or trespass in the perimeter fence and maintenance of peace and order at the airport.
In addition to safeguarding airports facilities.
• To conduct effective and efficient security facilitation of passengers and other airport users
• Screens passengers and luggages through X- Ray , walk through , hand held metal detector and physical security checks to ensure no un authorized items and persons pass through for security reasons.
• Controls access and movement of people and vehicles entering the airside and restricted areas in order to ensure adherance to security controls.
• Conducts perimeter fence patrol three times a day ( 24 hours) using vehicle or foot patrol to ensure no intrusion or trespass into the perimeter fence.
• Tests daily the serviceability of the X-Ray, walk –through and other security equipments to ensure serviceability all the time
• Conducts physical inspection ( security) of the external areas of an aircraft to ensure safety and security
• Controls passengers and other airport user’s access to the airside, restricted and controlled areas to determine whether they have been authorized through use of security pass and travel documents.
• Safeguards airport facilities against unlawful interference
• Identifies unauthorized items and reports to the relevant agency
• Report all customer complaints and occurrences
• Ensures maintenance and improvement of the KAA QMS
• Any other duties as assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma in Criminology
• University Degree in Aviation Security or Criminology will be an added advantage
• O level certificate Grade C or equivalent
• The candidate must have attended three months basic security field training course
• Basic AVSEC ( 123) Training certificate
• Minimum of One ( 1) year of working experience in Security
• Applicants are expected to be of “High Integrity and no criminal record”
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit an application letter, curriculum vitae and copies of certificates and other testimonials on or before 27th October 2015 to the address below quoting reference on the envelop SEC-JKIA/OCTOBER/2015
The Managing Director Kenya Airports Authority P.O Box 19001-00501 Nairobi
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
KAA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability.
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.”